These are workshops held recently
Monday 19 Feb 2018 at 2-30 pm, about 2 hours, $5 for members, prospective members welcome. No need to book please just turn up .
Tips and Tricks for Browsing the Internet:
Tips and Tricks for Browsing the Internet
We all use the internet whether we are looking for the quickest route to the airport or how to cook the perfect eggs benedict. But are you using it efficiently? Is there a better way to find what you are looking for? In this workshop we explain the difference between Web browsers and Search Engines and look at the different browsers available. We show you a whole range of tips and tricks to improve the way you use the internet.
- How to use tabs to open separate web pages at the same time and how to bookmark pages so you can easily find them again.
- Use browser History to return to previous a search
- Learn how to Zoom text to make pages easier to read
- Use Autofill to save time when filling in your details.
- Search for images and download them.
- Use Short cuts to quickly navigate a web page
- Use Quotes to narrow your search results
- Print web pages
Monday 12 Feb 2018 at 2-30 pm, about 2 hours, $5 for members, prospective members welcome. No need to book please just turn up
Downloading and cataloguing photos from your camera, Smart phone or tablet to your PC. Brian Oakes
Over the summer break we have all taken a great many Photos on our smartphone tablet or cameras.
But how do you get them on to your computer? In this workshop we show you how connect your digital device and then download your photos to your computer, store them in appropriately named folders and name them so that you can easily find them again. We also show how to bring order to your existing Photo filing system and how to rename Photos to make them easily identifiable.
Don’t miss this great Workshop.