Workshops are held weekly during term time on Mondays at 2-30 pm on a variety of topics.
So come along : cost $5.00 to members, who are asked to wear their badges. People interested in any workshop and in joining Warkworth SeniorNet are welcome to attend ( free of charge ). The annual fee for membership is $35 for a single membership, or $50.00 for a couple residing at the same address. Our Learning Centre is at 28 Neville St, Warkworth on the lower ground floor of the RSA building in the room known as the ‘Committee room’. Our entry is from Mill Lane through the car park. Forthcoming Workshops for you…………
Monday 26 Feb 2018 at 2-30 pm, about 2 hours, $5 for members, prospective members welcome. No need to book please just turn up .
The new age of television:
Tips and Tricks for Browsing the Internet
We all use the internet whether we are looking for the quickest route to the airport or how to cook the perfect eggs benedict. But are you using it efficiently? Is there a better way to find what you are looking for? In this workshop we explain the difference between Web browsers and Search Engines and look at the different browsers available. We show you a whole range of tips and tricks to improve the way you use the internet.
- How to use tabs to open separate web pages at the same time and how to bookmark pages so you can easily find them again.
- Use browser History to return to previous a search
- Learn how to Zoom text to make pages easier to read
- Use Autofill to save time when filling in your details.
- Search for images and download them.
- Use Short cuts to quickly navigate a web page
- Use Quotes to narrow your search results
- Print web pages