Workshops are held weekly during term time on Mondays at 2-30 pm on a variety of topics.
So come along : cost $5.00 to members, who are asked to wear their badges. People interested in any workshop and in joining Warkworth SeniorNet are welcome to attend ( free of charge ). The annual fee for membership is $35 for a single membership, or $50.00 for a couple residing at the same address. Our Learning Centre is at 28 Neville St, Warkworth on the lower ground floor of the RSA building in the room known as the ‘Committee room’. Our entry is from Mill Lane through the car park. Forthcoming Workshops for you…………
Monday 23 July 2018 at 2-30 pm, about 2 hours, $5 for members. Prospective members welcome. No need to book please just turn up .
Backing up your computer
Do you have photos, documents, emails and other information that can’t be replaced?
If you do, you should have them backed up. One day something bad will happen to your PC and all these treasured and important files could be lost forever.
In this workshop we explore ways to back up your Windows 10 PC.
- Discuss what backups are and why they are important
- Determine how to decide what you should backup
- Demonstrate two ways to do file backups without any special software
- Explain the difference between file and system backups
- Explain how to be prepared for a major PC failure by creating recovery disks
Radio and Music from the internet
Monday 9 July 2018 at 2-30 pm, about 2 hours, $5 for members. Prospective members welcome. No need to book please just turn up .
Warkworth may have limited radio service, but the internet provides clear reception of hundreds of NZ stations and thousands more from around the world.
As well, there is a choice of sites streaming music of all genres and ages, some of them free to access.
This workshop, which is updated from one last run early last year, will introduce you to some of what’s available, show how to access it and how to select your preferences.
We will also demonstrate some listening devices.
The workshop will be hands-on, using SeniorNet pcs or your own tablet or other mobile device via our WiFi.
Watching on line content on your TV or computer –
Netflix, Neon, Lightbox, TVNZ on demand:
Monday 16 July 2018 at 2-30 pm, about 2 hours, $5 for members, prospective members welcome. No need to book please just turn up .
The way we watch Television is changing.
There are now more ways to watch TV than ever before with more channels than you can shake a stick at and many on demand streaming services.
In this workshop we explore the many ways you can now view Television.
- We will explain what a Smart TV is and how to get the best from it.
- We will show you low cost alternatives to a Smart TV that allows you to connect your computer or tablet to the TV using a simple cable, Google Chromecast, Apple TV or Samsung device.
- We also explore the many on demand streaming service’s such as Netflix, Lightbox, TVNZ, Freeview plus and Sky’s on demand service with details on how to use them.
- We also look at new Zealand’s newest TV service NZPTV
Members meeting : planning your Digital Afterlife
Monday 30 July 2018 at 2-30 pm, about 2 hours, $5 for members. Prospective members welcome. No need to book please just turn up .
Watch this space
We know to make sure our heirs can access our online bank accounts, but what about the rest of our digital selves? As more and more meaningful parts of our lives enter the virtual world, how do we value the assets we leave behind online? What’s it worth and to whom?